SAFETY AND SECURITY DURING THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK
The following Merchants Bank branches will close an hour earlier at 5:00 pm on Friday evenings until further notice - 191 / Penna. Ave., Mount Bethel, Wind Gap and Forks. In addition, our Nazareth branch will be closed and the lobby not available by appointment beginning Monday, March 30th until further notice. If your banking need requires branch access, please call either the Forks and Wind Gap branch for an appointment.
Governor Tom Wolf ordered all non-life sustaining businesses in Pennsylvania to close their physical locations effective Thursday, March 19th by 8:00 pm. Banks are considered life-sustaining and therefore, Merchants Bank WILL be open for business. Remember, all bank lobbies are closed but our drive thrus are OPEN. Lobby access is available via appointment only. Since this is a very fluid situation, we ask that you monitor our website and Facebook page for updates.
Due to the evolving COVID – 19 situation and for the health and safety of our customers and staff, Merchants Bank branch locations will be accessible via drive – thru only effective March 18, 2020 until further notice
with the exception of our 25 Broadway location which will be CLOSED.
Our ATMs, Night Drops, Online and Mobile Banking will continue to be available to service your banking needs.
If you need to access your safe deposit box or have a loan need (such as a settlement) or wish to open an account, please contact your branch office to arrange an appointment so we can serve you safely during regular banking hours.
Call Toll Free (877) 678-6622 or locally (610) 588-0981.
As a valued client of Merchants Bank, the safety and security of your finances is always a top priority. With the COVID-19 virus as close as Northampton, Lehigh and Monroe Counties in Pennsylvania, and Warren County in New Jersey, the safety, health and wellness of you and your family are equally as important. Merchants Bank would like to share some of the ways to prepare and plan.
1. Make the most of digital banking services.
Clients with online and mobile accounts are able to complete a wide variety of transactions from the convenience of their homes, including automatically paying bills, checking account balances, transferring money, and more. These self-service tools allow you to bank anywhere and anytime, and will be especially helpful if you cannot get to the Bank. We encourage you to sign up for online banking and digital services if you are a current Merchants Bank client and have not already done so by calling (877) 678-6622 or (610) 588-0981.
2. Enroll in direct deposit.
Should you not be able to get to the Bank to make a deposit, you will still have access to your funds. With direct deposit, your money will still be available when you need it.
3. Deposit and receive funds via ATM.
Depositing money at a Merchants Bank ATM is a good alternative to visiting a branch. All Merchants Bank ATMs take deposits with the exception of our Pennsylvania Avenue and Mount Bethel Offices.
4. Beware of scams.
Merchants Bank will NEVER call you and ask you for your personal information. Additionally, be aware of telemarketers trying to raise funds. Do not give your personal information to anyone when you have not initiated contact. Finally, do not click on attachments from unfamiliar email addresses.
5. Let us know if you are experiencing hardship due to virus-related issues.
We encourage you to call us at (877) 678-6622 or (610) 588-0981 if you or your family are experiencing financial hardship because of the virus outbreak.
The Bank is monitoring the situation daily so that it may take proactive steps as additional information becomes available. The following steps have already been taken:
- The Management Team at Merchants Bank is making arrangements in case the virus manifests within our service area, and plans are in place to have Bankers work remotely, thereby minimizing disruption to banking operations.
- As a precaution, Merchants Bank offices are supplied with hand sanitizer and Lysol wipes. Bankers may also use masks and gloves while handling money and serving clients.
- The Bank has instituted new cleaning protocol in all of our buildings to protect both clients and Bankers.
- Should we need to close certain branch offices or alter hours of operation, we will let you know immediately. We encourage you to bookmark our website, checking back often.
- We are monitoring the Center for Disease Control’s website, along with guidance from the American Bankers’ Association so that we can keep you up to date on any impact to the banking industry.
- Should you have questions or need to contact a Banker, do not hesitate to call us at (877) 678-6622 or (610) 588-0981.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are not feeling well.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
President & CEO