Merchants Bank is the oldest local community bank in Northampton County and has been a cornerstone of the Slate Belt and beyond for over 120 years.
What does being a “Community Bank” really mean? To us it means integrating ourselves into the community and supporting it by:
- Contributing to local not-for-profits through sponsorships and donations (monetary and in-kind).
- Investing and partnering in revitalization projects throughout the markets we serve.
- Encouraging employee volunteerism and integrating it into our culture and hiring practices.
- Utilizing customers as vendors, whenever possible.
- Decision-making by employees and directors that live, work and play locally and understand the needs of the community.
- Focusing on the relationship and not the transaction.
Merchants Bank strives to be on the forefront of technology and service offerings.
- Mobile Banking - One of the first community banks to introduce the service to this region
- Popmoney – Convenient person-to-person payment transfers
- Remote Deposit Capture – Allows your business to deposit checks without having to visit a branch
- Cash Management – Access your business accounts from a PC, anywhere and anytime
- eStatements – For a faster and secure way of your receiving your deposit information
While Merchants Bank has a rich history in the community, our slogan “Experience the Difference” was born out of our extraordinary commitment to customer service. Whether it is walking a business owner through opening a new account, or picking up a customer’s deposit at their car curbside, Merchants Bank employees strive to exceed expectations.